วันจันทร์ที่ 8 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2553

Verb to be

Verb to be
The verbs am, is, are, was, and were are all forms of the verb be. The verb be does not show action. It tells what someone or something is or is like.
The verbs 'am', 'is', and 'are' tell what someone or something is now.
I am a painter.
He is a painter.
You are a painter.

Was and were tell what someone or something was in the past.
She was an artist.
You were an artist.
They were all artists.
You were all artists.
Use am, is, and was with I, she, he and it.
I am
she is
he is
it is
I was
she was
he was
it was
AM - IS - ARE
Long form
Short form
Example
Negation
Question
I am
I'm
I am late.
I am not late.
Am I late?
You are
You're
You are clever.
You are not (aren't) clever.
Are you clever?
He is
He's
He is happy.
He is not (isn't) happy.
Is he happy?
She is
She's
She is hungry.
She is not (isn't) hungry.
Is she hungry?
It is
It's
It is cold.
It is not (isn't) cold.
Is it cold?

We are
We're
We are late.
We are not (aren't) late.
Are we late?
You are
You're
You are sleepy.
You are not (aren't) sleepy.
Are you sleepy?
They are
They're
They are great.
They are not (aren't) great
Are they great?


สามารถศึกษาเพิ่มเติมได้ที่

สนใจดูวิดีโอได้ที่

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น